- Immunoassay and bioassay
- Developed a “lock-in” fluorescence biosensing method that can detect single biomolecules with ultrahigh sensitivity (four orders higher than ELISA), specificity, and reliability.
- Developed ultrasensitive immunoassay and bioassay based on the “lock-in” fluorescence biosensing technique for quantitative analysis of botulinum neurotoxin (BoNT/A), westnile virus (WNV), mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) and human α-thrombin, etc.
- Developed a novel dynamically configurable heterogeneous biomolecular nanoarray in which the packing density, ratio and reactivity of the biomolecules on each array element can be configured quantitatively and temporally.
- Developed a technique to pattern biomolecules carried by nanoparticles to form heterogeneous biomolecular nanoarrays, and transfer the biomolecular nanoarray to biocompatible or biodegradable polymers without losing their bioreactivity.
- Developed a technique that applied patterning of drugs/genes towards controlled and localized drug/gene delivery with enhanced delivery efficiency and nanoscale accuracy for therapeutic applications and intercellular communications.
- Demonstrated patterning of heterogeneous PEI/DNA polyplex arrays on biocompatible/biodegradable polymers to guide cell differentiation.
- Demonstrated the ability to genetically modify mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) seeded on the top of the PEI/DNA polyplexes arrays to form heterogeneous cell arrays.
Univeristy of California, Los Angeles
Ph.D. Mechanical Enginnering 2008
September 2005- December, 2008
Minor: Biomedical Engineering
Dissertation: Biomolecule Nanopatterning and Single Molecule Detection
State University of New York at Buffalo
M.S. Mechanical Engineering 2005
August 2003-August 2005
Thesis: Calibration and Biological Application of Digital Holographic Particle Image Velocimetry System
Zhejiang University (China)
B.E. Optical Engineering, June 2003
- Huang, S., Schopf, E. & Chen, Y. Dynamically configurable Biomolecular nanoarrays. Nano Letters 7, 3116-3121 (2007). (Hilighted by Nature Nanotechnology)
- Huang, S. & Chen, Y. Ultrasensitive Fluorescence Detection of Single Protein Molecules Manipulated Electrically on Au Nanowire. Nano Letters 8, 2829-2833 (2008).
- Chang, Y.*, Huang, S.* & Chen, Y. Biomolecular Nanopatterning by Electrophoretic Printing Lithography. Small 5, 63-66 (2009). (* contribute equally to this paper)
- Gu, Z., Huang, S. & Chen, Y. Biomolecular Nanopatterning by Magnetic Electric Lithography. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 48(5), 952-955 (2009). (Cover article).
- Bai, J., Huang, S., Wang, L., Chen, Y. & Huang, Y. Fluid assisted assembly of one-dimensional nanoparticle array inside of inorganic nanotubes. Journal of Materials Chemistry 19, 921-923 (2009).
44-116C Engineering IV
420 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095